Solar Operations Administrator
We are hiring! The Solar Operations Coordinator will work directly with the growing solar division at American Home Contractors. The Solar Operations Coordinator will have a variety of tasks that include but limited to customer service, scheduling, permitting, and department organization. American Home is at the forefront of the exterior construction industry and is proudly a TESLA solar roofing certified installer.
Who We Are
American Home Contractors is an established company focusing on full-service exterior replacement services. We have been licensed since 1986 and have seen triple-digit growth in the past couple of years. Our team consists of some of the best and brightest minds in the industry.
American Home Contractors is the exclusive TESLA certified installer in the Northern Virginia/Maryland/DC market. Join our team to help provide solutions for people looking to go solar.
The ideal candidates will be dependable, detail-oriented, an overachiever, have excellent verbal communication skills, enjoy developing processes and procedures, and building customer relationships.
- Construction permitting through local authority having jurisdictions (AHJ’s).
- Interacts with customers via telephone, email, text, and online chat to provide support and information on an assigned product or service.
- Ensures that appropriate actions are taken to resolve customers’ problems and concerns.
- Maintains customer accounts and records of customer interactions with details of inquiries, complaints, or comments.
- Directs solar office activities and functions to maintain efficiency and compliance with company policies.
- Assists with clerical assignments with their assigned duties, particularly when more advanced, skilled, or sensitive work is required.
- Prepares meeting agenda and responsible for taking meeting notes.
- Oversees telephone and email correspondence for the solar department.
- Assist the solar sales team with sales pipeline management.
- Communication liaison between various departments and solar field technicians.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail is a must to complete permit applications correctly.
- Fixing corrections and preparing revisions.
- Uploading permits and other necessary documentation in city portals.
- Going in city portals for permit statuses.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills are a must, with the ability to prioritize a large task load in a fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail and the ability to solve complex problems with full transparency and adequate documentation.
- Ability to multitask.
- Experienced with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Education and Experience:
- At least one year of related solar/construction permitting experience required.
- Experience preparing and submitting Solar Systems permits.
- Experience with obtaining construction & building permits.
Excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company in an industry with tremendous growth opportunities. We look for honest, ethical, reliable people who want to work hard and have fun.