Howard County Roof Replacement Specialists
Howard County’s Most Highly Rated Roofing Company With Over 35 Years Of Experience
With over 35 years of experience in the roofing industry, we are Howard County’s roofing company & contractor of choice. American Home Contractors is a locally owned and operated company with an exceptional track record for installation services. We have been specializing in Howard County roof installation and replacement since 1986! Don’t just take our word on this either; we’ve earned thousands upon thousands of happy customer reviews from homeowners who recommend us as their number-one choice when it comes to replacing roofs- serving as the preferred Howard County Roofer!
What is a Roof Replacement?
In situations where nothing can be done to repair the current state of your roof, American Home Contractor’s Howard County roof replacement professionals will install a new one for you. Our standard Howard County roof installation includes:
- Tearing off all materials from the top of the roof down to the deck
- Inspect the deck for wood rot and water damage, replacing wood when necessary
- Inspect insulation and ensure proper ventilation
- Install new ice and water shield in critical code required areas, synthetic underlayment, and drip edge
- Install new flashing where the roof meets walls, chimneys, etc.
- Caulking and sealing of vents, ridges, and flashing
- Installation of NEW shingles, ridge vent, and matching ridge cap
- Clear property of debris and disposal
When to Consider a Roof Replacement in Howard County Maryland?
We see a lot of storm damage resulting in a Howard County roof replacement. The harsh winter and summer weather in this area is known to damage roofs, resulting in cracked seals or missing shingles. If you notice any of these signs on your home’s roof then it may be time for an inspection!
An asphalt shingles lifespan ranges from 30-60 years with regular maintenance at the 10-15 year mark being critical towards its longevity; however severe damages will likely lead to water leaks as well as broken or cracked shingles that could cause more structural issues later down the line if left unchecked.
Benefits of a New Roof in Howard County Maryland
Howard County homeowners know the importance of maintaining their homes. One of the most important aspects of home maintenance is the roof. A new roof can provide many benefits, including improved energy efficiency, increased curb appeal, and enhanced protection from the elements.
We are a local Howard County roofing contractor, protecting the community from the elements for over 35 years. As the preferred Howard County roofing contractor we can help you select the right roof for your home and budget. We don’t cut corners and always install a new roof according to the manufacturer’s specifications, ensuring that your new roof will provide you with years of protection down the road. Included below are some of the benefits a new roof can provide to your home today:
- Increase Roof Efficiency
- With a new roof and proper ventilation, your HVAC systems will not have to work as hard to control the temperature in your house.
- Upgraded Insulation
- Upgraded insulation allows homes to retain a/c and heat more effectively. In addition to preventing gradual damage from heat and moisture.
- Home Aesthetics
- Replacing a roof allows for full creative control over shingle style, color, and material.
- Return on Investment
- The National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) released a remodeling impact report that found new roofs provide a huge return on your initial investment. *Source
- Add Solar to Your Roof
- Allows homeowners to consider solar options (ie solar panels, solar roof, solar shingles) while installing a new roof.
Choose Howard County’s Roof Replacement Contractor for Over 35 Years!
American Home Contractors is not just a Howard County roofing company, but also a part of the community. We provide installation and repairs for all types of roofs. Additionally, we offer a wide range of Howard County roof replacement services to residents, including roof inspections, replacements, and maintenance. American Home Contractors has been in business for over 35 years and has a team of experienced and certified roofers who can handle any roofing project. Howard County residents can trust us to provide quality workmanship and customer service. We are also bonded and insured, so you can be sure that your home is protected throughout the entire installation. Contact Howard County’s roofing company of choice today to schedule a free consultation!
- IKO Cambridge Architectural Shingles
- IKO Dynasty Lifetime Architectural Shingles
- GAF Timberline HDZ Lifetime Architectural Shingles
Get Your Project Started Today